Wednesday, July 15, 2009

6 Years Already!


My daughter McLayne turned 6 today. It just doesn't seem possible, I'm sure that is what most moms think, but it is so true. I can remember the entire day she was born, every moment from my water breaking to looking at her for the first time and saying "she has brown eyes". She has always been beautiful, those little round checks that my doctor just had to grab a hold of while she was laying on my belly moments after being born. She reminds me so much of her dad. It isn't just that she looks just like him, but she has his personality. She is very calculated. She thinks about everything before she does, she started this at a very young age. She always evaluates her surroundings making sure it is safe (from daddy for sure). She is an amazing girl, so grown up, not my baby anymore. We celebrated her birthday by meeting a few friends at the water park this afternoon. I was so proud of her going down the big slides and telling me "don't hold on to me". She used to be scared of the smallest thing, a moving toy dog barking....and now she is so brave. So sad to see her getting so big, but I'm also happy to see what a beautiful little person she has become. Happy Birthday M!