Sunday, April 26, 2009

Homecoming Countdown!

Nearing the end of a deployment is always exciting for any family including ours, it also makes us reflect back on why we have to be apart so often.  My husband as many others has chosen to serve in the military for over 17 years now.  He normally hears me complain mostly about how much he is gone, but I want him to know how very proud I am of him.  The girls are to young to truly understand his job and how important it is, so I simply just say "he is helping people" when they ask what he is doing.  I am so proud of all the things he has accomplished in his many years of service, most of those I cannot speak about, but also the small things he does everyday to keep us safe.  Special forces takes a certain kind of person, humble and strong and willing to get the job done.  I often tell people I can't wait to see what it will be like after retirement to have a so called normal life, but this is our life and is normal to us.  People ask me everyday how I do it, but I've never thought that way.  I've always known this is the life we had chosen and have been proud to do so.  I've seen my husband lose so many friends, and pick up and move on and continue to do what he has been trained to.  He misses his own girls many milestones growing up. I ask myself, how does He do it?  He is such a humble and loyal man, I'm lucky to have him.  I'm proud to be his wife and I know someday his girls will be amazed at the father they have!