Monday, August 24, 2009

One Last Summer Trip to Grandma's House

The girls had been asking me for weeks if we could go to Grandma's again before school started, T had a quick trip planned so the girls and I jetted off to Ohio. The trip didn't start off well, our plane was delayed for hours in Baltimore due to bad weather, but the girls were so well behaved! Today is our last day here in Zanesville. We are sad to leave, but happy to be able to see T again.

The girls have spent hours riding bikes in Grandma's driveway and making all kinds of crazy creations in the backyard. My mom lives in town, but to my kids who live in a beach house with a very small yard, her yard is one filled with nature and all sorts of possibility.

Last night we went on a walk, on a hunt for deer as the girls call it, and we saw a Doe with a set of triplets..they were amazing, they just sat still in the grass and gave us a brief look. Marley couldn't hold the giggles in we were so close.

All good things must come to and end and this trip has reminded me that summer is almost over, as I watch my kids outside in sweatshirts this morning. I'm a summer mom, I don't look forward to the school year beginning...I guess I will start dreaming of our next years trips.