Friday, October 16, 2009

Saying Goodbye, Again.


Once again we are preparing for T to go on a very long trip. I haven't really told the girls the specifics yet, I hate that moment when Marley says "No, I don't want him to go". Until months ago they didn't really know what he did, but I decided it was time for them to be told so that they could understand why it is important that he goes away.
You know I can't tell what I told them, but I had an opportunity to show them first hand how their dad impacted someone else's life, McLayne said "my dad is cool". I have to admit, he is pretty cool. Marley's reaction was a little different, she asked "does my dad swing from vines like tarzan?" I said not exactly, but anything is possible.
I know Terry will miss them as much as we miss him, when he comes back school will be at its end and our little girls will have changed. A friend asked me the other day, doesn't it suck when he is gone? I said of course, but I'm very proud of him and our family. So our first few weeks apart there will be many tears, lots of hugs and extra love for my girls. Saying goodbye never gets easier!